We are currently seeking a Back-End Developer, who will be responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and our users. Your focus will be developing all server-side logic, maintaining central databases, ensuring responsiveness to requests from the front-end and improving the user experience. In each person we hire, we seek a passion towards halting climate change, a determination to save the planet, and an impulse for speed – as time is of essence.
What you will be doing:
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging.
- Write clean code to develop functional web applications.
- Collaborate with front-end developers to integrate user-facing elements with server-side logic.
- Writing tests to optimise team performance.
- Optimising code for speed and scalability.
- Implementing security and data protection.
- Designing and implementing scalable data storage solutions.
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Liaising with other developers, designers and system administrators to identify new features.
- Follow emerging technologies.
Who you are:
- Committed to saving the planet.
- At home in front of a whiteboard.
- Split-vision: possessing the ability to juggle several projects at once.
- A natural team player with a problem-solving attitude.
- Pragmatic, strategic, fast.
- 3+ years experience as a back-end developer.
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment).
- Hands on experience with object-oriented programming languages and platforms (ideally C# / .NET Core).
- Dev-ops experience (ideally Microsoft Azure).
- Experience with NoSQL databases (such as Cosmos DB) is desirable.
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorisation between multiple systems, servers and environments.
- Experience with data migration, transformation and scripting.
- Proficiency with Git.
- A bachelor-level degree in Computer Science or related field is desirable.
We are based in Umeå and Stockholm - Sweden - but our customer reach is global. You’ll start as soon as possible and will hit the ground running – as the world’s biggest group project, the climate challenge, has already suffered from too much stagnation.
Let’s do this.