We are ClimateView, a climate tech company on the mission to help the world’s cities to get to zero-carbon economies. We offer a unique opportunity to play a key role in tackling climate change at scale. Are you the Senior Backend Engineer that can challenge us in designing and developing even better services and infrastructure for ClimateOS?
With a seasoned product team we have since inception put the best of Agile and Product Discovery theory into practice (we’ve even won awards for it, like this one from FastCompany, and Techarenan). As our product is maturing, we are now looking for additional world-class Backend Engineers to amplify our product evolution, continuing to build a scalable, containerized platform that can support our growing user base today and in the future.
In an Azure environment, you will create scalable services, develop our domain models, manage databases, assess system security and integrity, and interact closely with the frontend team and our UX designers to provide the services that the world needs to tackle the greatest challenge of our time. We are a product-led company and we follow agile principles to deliver high quality at a fast pace. You will join a remote and closely-knit team of bright individuals, passionate about their work and our joint mission.
- .Net Core and Golang
- CosmosDB, SQL
- Azure functions, Azure Container Apps, Azure Kubernetes Services, Azure Event Grid
- Azure Monitor, Grafana stack
- Azure DevOps, Github, Bicep, Terraform
Qualifications & Skills
- +5 years of experience as a back-end or fullstack developer. We write our services using .NET Core or Golang, and you should be fluent in at least one of these languages.
- Hands-on experience with deploying containerized applications at scale, using technologies like Kubernetes, OpenShift or Docker Swarm.
- Experience in building and running a SaaS product at scale, including CI/CD, monitoring, operating, securing and performance tuning on one of the major cloud vendors.
- Excellent knowledge of managed services available on Microsoft Azure and experience taking ownership of a problem space.
- Excellent interpersonal and written skills in English, and comfortable participating in Design Review discussions as a senior team member.
- Extra points if you have experience in infrastructure and CI/CD as code or experience using Cloud native monitoring systems
Today, over 70% of global emissions come from cities. Local governments play a vital role in the net zero transition. ClimateView has created the world’s first climate SaaS for cities: ClimateOS. It builds on a new theory of change for climate action, one being used by the Swedish Government and local governments across Europe and North America to overcome the #1 barrier to climate action: linking emissions and economics.
The company was founded in Sweden in 2018, and today we are a team of over 65+ individuals across seven countries. In each person we hire, we seek a passion for tackling climate change and a determination to create impact. ClimateView is scaling quickly, with fantastic possibilities for people with the right mindset. We offer the possibility of joining a scale-up that is listed as one of the most innovative companies in the world and one of the top 100 impact makers.
We look forward to receiving your application. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we consider applications on a rolling basis.