We're ClimateView, a climate technology company helping cities execute their transition to net zero. We've raised our Series A (€10m). We've got a truly unique and valuable product, and we're getting traction across the world.
We support local governments in their transition to reduce emissions in line with a science based approach, and maximise the benefits of the changes. We do this by offering a unique SaaS solution and collaborative process to drive climate action and innovation towards the net-zero goal.
In each person we hire, we seek a deep passion towards tackling climate change and a determination to create impact - quickly and widely. ClimateView is expanding and scaling quickly, with endless possibilities for people with the right mindset. Our pace is fast, but our approach is systematic and the work is rewarding.
As the Business Development Director, Green Finance, you will take point from a commercial perspective on the development of our emerging green finance offerings. These are in the early stages of development, requiring a strategic commercial lead with an understanding of the climate finance ecosystem and the role that new data platforms can play in accelerating investments in cities. As a direct report to ClimateView’s SVP Global Operations, you’ll work across the organization and pair up with a product manager from the Product team to identify the product-market fit, shape commercialization opportunities, and set the strategic direction for the next wave of green finance solutions.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as day to day commercial lead to evaluate and define ClimateView’s role in the green finance ecosystem
- Conduct market analysis to understand the current green bond landscape in ClimateView’s existing markets
- Work across organization to set goals for green finance product suite and focus team attention in pursuit of those goals
- Serve as external face of ClimateView’s efforts in the green finance space, working to build partnerships with critical players and establish ClimateView as a trusted source of intelligence
- Work closely with sales and product teams to develop product pricing, key messaging, and value propositions
Who you are:
- 5-10 years of professional work experience with some combination of:
- Financial services sector in Europe or North America
- Business development experience with an early-stage start up (Series A-C)
- Demonstrated understanding of and interest in the emerging field of green finance, with a particular focus on the public sector green bond market
- A hungry, infectious personality: we’re looking for someone disciplined and comfortable operating with limited direction
- Driven to understand how customer needs are met best by our product
- Metrics-driven and analytical; proven ability to prioritize, drive, and achieve results through self and others under time pressure
- Fluency in English is required
This role can be remote within the EU and east coast of the US
What we offer
- A unique opportunity to tackle climate change at scale
- Joining a startup that is scaling and listed as one of the most innovative company in the world
- Fair compensation in a startup environment
- Flexible work hours and remote working. We have an office in Stockholm and colleagues working remotely from across the globe including France, Spain, UK, USA
- A closely knit team of bright individuals passionate about their work. We have all left senior positions in our fields to build this amazing product we believe in.
We look forward to receiving your application. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we consider applications on a rolling basis.
You’ll start as soon as possible and will hit the ground running.
For any questions please contact:
Jake Elder, SVP Operations, email@example.com